Black Villa is a combination of state-of-the-art technology and simple, clean design that respects the existing conditions of the site and neighborhood. The single-family house is a great example of how one can use materials and colors in order to tie a building into its natural surroundings.
The facade is clad in fire-resistant Swisspearl fiber cement panels in a dark charcoal hue. All doors and windows have aluminum frames with dual glazing of high R-value to help reduce energy loss. Deep overhangs and screens over the glazing areas help to protect the structure from the severe Californian sun and help to reduce the use of air conditioning.
- LocationBeverly Hills, CA, USA
- ArchitectGo Design 21, Los Angeles, USA
- BuilderRoger Schällibaum, Beverly Hills, USA
- PartnerHorizon Steel & Ironworks, Beverly Hills, USA
- PhotographersMichael Hayes, Los Angeles, USA, Bruno Helbling Fotografie, Zurich, Switzerland