Louisiana Children’s Museum presents a transformative model for children’s museums that weaves together indoor and outdoor learning opportunities. Its facade’s color palette was chosen to provide a subtle reference to traditional limestone façades of public buildings within the park, and to create an optimal backdrop for the rich, changing light over the nearby lagoon. The lightness of the panels provides a projection surface for the ever-changing shadow patterns from the building louvers and water reflections from the lagoon. A combination of smooth panels and panels with a subtle pixelated pattern embossed on the surface creates a playful dance across the long elevations.
- LocationNew Orleans, LA, USA
- ArchitectMithun, Seattle, USA
- BuilderLouisiana Children’s Museum, New Orleans, USA
- PartnerRoofing Solutions LLC, Prairieville, USA
- PhotographerKevin Scott, Seattle, USA