High up in the Swiss Alps, surrounded by rocky mountains at 2,501 meters above sea level, is the Muttseehütte. The facade is covered with elongated fiber cement panels in a strong red color. From the onset of winter until spring, the impressive hut is snowed in and inaccessible. This is a good proof of the high weather resistance of Swisspearl fiber cement. From June to October, the hut is a hospitable contact point for mountain sports enthusiasts; in winter, it serves as an unmanned refuge. A mystical place to enjoy the Swiss mountains.
- LocationLinthal, Switzerland
- ArchitectBüchel Neubig Architekten GmbH, Weinfelden, Switzerland
- BuilderSAC Sektion Winterthur, Winterthur, Switzerland
- PartnerNoser Holzbau AG, Mitlödi, Switzerland
- PhotographerJuerg Hostettler, Winterberg , Switzerland