The most visible sign of an existing building renovation is usually its external appearance – a new facade cladding. In this renovation project located in Richterswil (Switzerland), not only was the complete building envelope renewed, but a complete floor was added to the residential building. The second floor addition provides the residential building with new, high-quality living space, which culminates in a large terrace with a view of Lake Zurich. The new white Swisspearl Clinar facade, with its narrow rectangular strips, in combination with the generous window fronts, gives the three-story building the necessary light and incorporates it naturally with the surrounding neighborhood.
- LocationRichterswil, Switzerland
- ArchitectKamer Architekten AG, Zürich, Switzerland
- BuilderRoland Schiess, Richterswil, Switzerland
- PartnerBruno Kälin Bedachungen GmbH, Menzingen, Switzerland
- PhotographerMeraner & Hauser OHG/SNC, Bozen, Italy