Formally speaking, the house is an abstract, orthogonal volume. Color plays a central role in the architectural expression of the building’s facades. In this instance, the color palette is rather muted: vertical bands of Swisspearl panels in tones of ochre, beige, yellow, and white encircle the entire building on all four facades.
Overall, the architects have managed to strike a careful balance in the architectural expression of the house, creating a lighthearted, playful appearance without the building looking frivolous. Their aim with the treatment of color was to keep the architecture discreet, blending the house into its environment whilst still creating a contemporary piece of architecture.
- StandortLjubljana, Slovenia
- ArchitektPOINT arhitektura, design, inženiring, d.o.o., Ljubljana, SI
- PartnerZaključna dela Demmo Helbl, Laporje, SI
- ProdukteSwisspearl Largo Carat Onyx 7092, Topaz 7072, Reflex Mystic Brown 9271
- FotografMiran Kambič Photography, Radovljica, SI