Black Box II is the latest in a series of micro-additions that significantly impact existing buildings. Conceived as a giant jewelry box, large openings blur the boundary between interior and exterior, revealing its treasure of fine craftsmanship through the playful use of complementary surface materials. The Black Box II addition to the existing masonry house is clad in large-format, black Swisspearl fiber cement panels finely assembled with matching rivets. The balustrade of the loggia is a single, large perforated Swisspearl panel.
- LocationMontreal, QC, Canada
- ArchitectNatalie Dionne Architecture, Montréal, Canada
- BuilderMiguel Cobo, Montreal, Canada
- Partner Pierre Aubin P.A. Construction , Montréal, Canada
- PhotographerRapahel Thinodeau, Montreal, Canada